Audiobook narration can be a lucrative and lifelong career if you make smart choices and develop good habits along the way. But what do you do if you find yourself treading water? A few changes to your audiobook recording routine may be just the thing you need to set yourself up for long-term success. In today’s episode, meet Christian Drerup: Christian has been producing audiobooks for about a year and is looking to take her career to the next level. With the help of a few audiobook All-Stars, she’ll do just that, and you can follow her lead to make changes to your own career. In this episode you’ll learn:
- Creative ways to make over your recording space to ensure your recording sounds great.
- The keywords and achievements to include on your ACX profile or personal website to attract great clients.
- Ways to enhance your audiobook performance skills
Equipment used in this episode
- Sure KSM32/CG Cardiod Condenser Microphone
- Steinberg UR22 MKII Audio Interface with Dual Microphone Preamp
- Resident Audio R100 Stereo Headphones
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with 8GB RAM
- Logitech Media Keyboard and Optical Mouse
- SanDisk 500GB Extreme Portable External Solid State Drive WD
- My Cloud Personal Network with 2TB Attached Storage
- Wall treatments by ArtnSoundPanels.com